INTERNET APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT
MID MARKET ERP DEVELOPMENT
by Emma Tsai
Occasionally , a client asks us why the registration screen of our Sage components (such as National Account Change and Employee Number Change) keeps popping up after they are successfully installed on the server.
The registration screen pops up only when the program cannot find the registration file. If this happens to you, try this:
1. Logon to server as administrator
2. Open the command prompt, and put in “regedit”
3. After opening registry editor, find hkey_local_machine->software->CodePartners->Change Employee Number Change…
4. Click right button of your mouse, select Permission
5. Add the user into the Security list with the same rights as your account
6. In addition to adding users into the Security list from Registry Editor, you also may need to set up the security in the program folder. Usually the program folder is under your C drive.
Click on "Properties" and then go to "Security" tab to assign rights/permission to the user group/user. Please be sure that you assign the permission to all Accpac users not just the administrator in both setups (one is in Registry Editor, and one is in the program folder).