INTERNET APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT
MID MARKET ERP DEVELOPMENT
by Kristi Feng
Report Builder 3.0 is a report authoring tool to design reports in an environment similar to MS Office. When designing a report, we can define where to get the data, which data to get, and how to display the data.
Below is a step-by-step example to build a report with Report Builder 3.0 and Sage 300 ERP Sample Data.
The report displays salesperson’s sales amount for the user selected year and period with an indicator showing if the salesperson is meeting his or her target.
1. Open Report Builder 3.0
2. Choose “New Report” and “Table or Matrix Wizard”
3. Select “Create a dataset” on the “Choose a dataset” screen and click on “Next”
4. Click “New” on the “Choose a connection to a data source” screen to setup the connection to the Sage 300 ERP Sample Data database.
5. Click “Next”
6. Select “Edit as Text” on the “Design a query” screen and copy and paste the following query into the query pane
7. Click on “Next”
8. Drag CODESLSP, NAMEEMPL AND TOTALSALES to “Values” on the “Arrange fields” screen and click on “Next”
9. Preview the layout on the “Choose the layout” screen and click on “Next”
10. Select a style on the “Choose a style” page and click on “Next”
11. Add a new column to the table by right click on the table and choose “Insert Column” ->”Right”
12. Right click in the cell and choose “Insert”->”Indicator”
13. Choose the 3 Traffic Lights (Unrimmed) indicator and click on “Ok”
14. Update the “Values and States” by right click the indication and select “Indicator Properties”
15. Select TOTALSALES for Value and put the Start and End Range for each Color. (We used static values here, you may tailor this with Targets for each salesperson and a percentage for each color)
16. Add Year and Period Parameters by right clicking on “Parameters” and choose “Add Parameter” on the “Report Data” pane
17. Add Filters to reflect the user input parameter values by selecting the table and right click to choose “Tablix Properties”
18. Choose Filters and add these filters
19. Click on “Run” to preview the report
Here is an example of the result
If you have any questions on customizing the reports in sage 300 ERP, please contact me.